- Questions List: Assessment of Admission Qualifications (in general)
- Questions List: Japanese Education System
- Questions List: Foreign Credential Evaluations (in general)
- Questions List: Foreign Credential Evaluations (by country/region)
- Questions List: About The Center and This Website
Assessment of Admission Qualifications (in general)
Q: Is each university responsible for the method of assessment for the individual admission qualification assessment?
A: The individual admission qualification assessment is conducted to determine whether an applicant possesses academic ability equivalent to upper secondary school/ university graduates based on their academic record and achievement as shown below. Each university is responsible for how it conducts this type of assessment, in case it chooses to administer it.
- Academic records such as completion of curricula at specialized training colleges and miscellaneous schools,
- social experience and qualifications,
- credits earned by taking individual courses at a university, and
- the content of a curriculum from which an applicant has completed at a school under the previous school system.
(The content of this Q & A is quoted from the University Admission Qualifications Guide written by University Promotion Division, Higher Education Bureau of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. NIAD-QE produced this English translation.)