- Questions List: Assessment of Admission Qualifications (in general)
- Questions List: Japanese Education System
- Questions List: Foreign Credential Evaluations (in general)
- Questions List: Foreign Credential Evaluations (by country/region)
- Questions List: About The Center and This Website
About The Center and This Website
Q: What kind of work does the National Information Center for Academic Recognition Japan do?
A: In accordance with UNESCO’s Asia-Pacific Regional Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications in Higher Education 2011 (the Tokyo Convention), this center provides appropriate information both domestically and internationally regarding the following:
- Explanation of Japanese higher education system
- Overview of Japanese higher education institutions, classified by type
- A list of Japan's higher education institutions, and entrance requirements for each
- Explanation of the quality assurance system in Japan
- A list of Japanese education institutions located overseas.
In addition, this center disseminates information both domestically and internationally about education systems and so on of other countries, focusing on state parties to the Tokyo Convention. We also conduct research activities and network with NICs from around the globe.